Thursday, February 5, 2009

carrot cake and a cabinet

Another recipe that hides those veggies....carrot cake....carrots were on sale this week, a 5lb bag for $2.99....thats a lot of carrots! The hardest part of this recipe was shredding the carrots....this cake is hard to resist right out of the oven....I'll be making another batch with creme cheese frosting when we have company over this weekend.
carrot cake
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
3 cups of finely shredded carrots
1 cup of cooking oil (sometimes i use applesauce instead)
4 eggs
mix dry ingredients, add carrots, oil and eggs, beat till combined.
pour into greased pan: you can use any size; muffins, 2 round, or 9X13.
back at 350 until toothpick comes out clean.
9X13 about 35 minutes
2 round about 30 minutes.
I thought I would show off one of my favorite cabinets in the new kitchen....
the kitchen designer tried to talk into a single door spice rack......but I'm so glad I got this one....everything is right where I need it.

No comments: