Monday, December 22, 2008

The cold.....and pecans

Now that it has stopped snowing...the weather has turned cold......so cold, Cooper stops in his tracks when I open the door. What do I do when I'm cold....I bake.....so, I am sharing my favorite spiced pecan recipe......I bag these up for a homemade gift....and I make an extra batch to keep out for company. It warms up the house, makes it smell amazing....and the bowl is always empty....this is one of those recipes that you can't eat just one of. So, I made 2 batches today!


Spiced Pecans

1 cup of sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 egg white
1 Tbsp of cold water
1 pd of pecans
preheat oven to 250 degrees, grease large jelly roll pan.
mix together all dry ingredients.
beat egg white with water until frothy not stiff.
add spiced sugar mixture, add nuts.
bake for 1 hour, and stir every 15 minutes.

Pink cheeks from sledding, and the kids enjoying Santa books last night.


No comments: