Monday, November 16, 2009

a time to celebrate

Sunday was a day of celebration for us….

our church celebrated its 125th birthday…and it was glorious!

here are a few family shots we took before church. DSCN1847 DSCN1848 DSCN1849

3 congregations came to together to worship…and the church was completely full. the choir, the musicians…i cried throughout the service…it was that powerful.  And even though my religion is tested and questioned on a daily basis…the spiritual feeling i felt was overwhelming.

Our next celebration was a birthday party for our neighbor who is turning 80. A sweet, kind man who has lived in the same house his whole life!! this amazes me! He was surrounded by friends and family…each getting up and telling stories, sharing memories and toasting to such a great person.

So…with my heart filled with joy and hope, i take this time to be thankful for who is in my life, who supports me, who loves me unconditionally…on my good days, and bad.  And even through the rough times…like endless sick days and sleepless nights….life is  pretty good great!

happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

Steph said...

You have a beautiful family! It sounds like a glorious day indeed! I'm sure you walked away full of gratitude and joy. :)