i am not a fan of March.
way too long, lots of rain, and everything is BROWN.
here are a few pictures i took back in January…when i still liked winter…..enjoy while i ramble for a bit.
* my painting project is taking FOREVER. it took me ALL week to paint just the ceiling….hoping to make better progress this week!!
* 40 bags in 40 days update….i have cleaned out my closet and the kids’ rooms….i think i could clean out their rooms every week and still get bags to throw out….why do they have to keep EVERYTHING……every sticker, every box, every trinket, every paper….my plan is to revisit their rooms when they are at school.
* my car is going to be swallowed up by the potholes this spring.
* i feel guilty for even complaining…there are no words for the devastation over in Japan….the enormity of it all totally freaks me out.
* this week i was daydreaming online about living here.
* and then there is the constant WORRY…the kind of worry that keeps me from sleeping at night. Caroline is an average student but i fear that because she is a well mannered, quiet student…she gets overlooked, and unchallenged, and placed in groups to be a “role model” student. Underachieving students are entitled to extra help and support, overachieving students are invited to “special” groups to join…..but what is the public school system doing to engage MY child??….i want the very best for her….and i worry when other people don’t see her POTENTIAL!
* i just finished reading “Pillars of the Earth” by Ken Follett, over 900 page novel…..i might not pick up anther book for awhile….
* can’t wait for St. Patrick’s Day….the kids love the idea of a leprechaun…..they will place a pair of their shoes outside their bedroom door to have the leprechaun fill them with new socks and gold coins….does anyone have any special tricks/customs/traditions for this day?? i saw someone in bloggy land made rainbow waffles…how cool!
did i mention how much i dislike March???