Monday, May 10, 2010

a Mother’s Day tradition

every year on Mother’s day we head to one of my favorite spots….The Berkshire Botanical Garden.  On a good day we stay for hours, exploring the grounds, taking pictures, play hide and seek….but on Sunday we saw flurries on our way to church and knew it would be a quick visit this year.

thank goodness the sun was shining….and the flurries stopped.

IMG_5105 IMG_5106 IMG_5109

the garden had a shed exhibit….wow! we had so much fun exploring!

IMG_5114

we loved the birch tree ceiling!

IMG_5116

one of my favorites by Sarah and Peter Thorne called “A True Blue Berkshire Studio. 

IMG_5119 IMG_5125 IMG_5128 IMG_5130 IMG_5132

our favorite was “A Garden Blogger’s Retreat” by Michael Devine

IMG_5137

so amazing! a perfect little retreat.

IMG_5134  

I thought Annie Selke’s “Swedish Reading Retreat” would of been my favorite.

IMG_5139

so peaceful and calm….but i was hoping for more of her colorful fabrics from Pine Cone Hill to fill this garden retreat.

IMG_5138IMG_5140

3 comments:

Kim said...

OK...snow on Mother's Day is not acceptable! Those little houses are fabulous. I want to go! You're right that Annie Selke house is not as exciting, but I still have mad love for her. :)

LOVE your family photo. Did someone take it for you or did you use a self-timer?

Pam said...

Oh I need to get out there! I would love to visit! Wonderful photos!

Steph said...

LOVE all of the photos! What a fun place! The family photo is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!