Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend update


There are days (full days....I'm talking from 6am until 7pm) when the kids fight with each other constantly....I hear Cooper screaming out of frustration and Caroline screaming just to be loud...the difference between an almost 2 year old and almost 4 year old. Then there is the rare day when all I hear is a wonderful chatter between the two of them...Cooper babbling and Caroline whispering to him like a little mother. Amazingly this is occurring more often and for longer periods of time. The other day there was silence. A bit panicky, I searched the house to find them here....both sitting in the dog's bed which is tucked in a corner of the living room......Caroline reading and Cooper eating a snack...both smiling up at me.
We had a great weekend...I had oodles of time with my side of the family....We met up with Grampa and Nonna at the Apple Blossom Bash up at Hilltop Orchards....yummy food and wine (Furnace Brook Winery), great music and sunny weather!!! When we got home we invited the neighbors over to our porch to have a dinner of munchies and wine. My brother and his son stopped by on their way through town to visit with the kids and to see if there was any progress on the addition (there is not). The day was full of family and friends....
Construction update: As soon as the "dig safe" check is complete we are good to go! We are told that digging will start on Wednesday. Rob spent Sunday clearing out the back yard and I was inside clearing out the kitchen. We are very excited to get started but anxious about the journey ahead of us!!!

No comments: