Sunday, June 29, 2008

Life


Life once again takes us for a ride....on Thursday afternoon, as I finished packing for our weekend trip, I picked Caroline up from her last day of preschool....as soon as I turned the corner I knew something was wrong.....for more than 8 years our neighbor has been fighting cancer...and for the last few weeks his family and friends have been by his side....as I turned the corner I saw them all stepping outside for air......catching their breath...as he took his last. I am in complete shock...filled with sadness and anger...and simply missing him. So...with red eyes and heavy hearts we drove to the beach and said our silent prayers for a friend and his family.
Caroline was 18 months when we made this card and picture for Tom, to cheer him up after chemo treatments.

No comments: