Thursday, July 3, 2008

A bit in the FOG

Since the passing of our dear friend...we have all been in a fog...trying to figure things out...asking the really hard questions....As a stay at home mom, I am not allowed to sit and think things through for too long...or even sit for that matter...life goes on for my kids...so a weekly catch up for all.....

Pictures from our beach weekend....




I took the kids strawberry picking again..only a bigger farm...the kids weren't into too much...I think they would have rather rode around in the hayride all day....but there was way more berries to be picked!!! Notice the flowers in the box...Caroline's contribution. And thanks to Just a Flip Flop Mom, who has a great jam recipe and tutorial that I followed from picture to picture...how easy!!!...I made 2 batches of yummy jam!

I find great comfort in baking...so as cooper naps and caroline crafts...I bake. The kids love my carrot cake....I try to make it as healthy as I can....with whole wheat, 4 cups of carrots, applesauce instead of oil, and less sugar than the actual recipe that I get out of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I made the muffins for snacks and the round cake to bring over to Nani and Grampa's house on Wednesday...we had dinner, went for a swim, and a boat ride.
I spent Thursday night baking this berry bundt cake....Rob's new favorite...with blueberries and raspberries....too much butter, lots of eggs...we brought this to a 4th of July picnic.
And...pictures from the 4th...my favorite holiday!! We went to the parade in the morning and Grampa and Nani's house on the lake for a day of swimming and eating!

Any tips on how to get two kiddos to smile....at the same time....and not the "cheese" smile?

Cooper hopped into Rob's arms when the parade guns went off.

Thats all folks...sorry for such a long post....we had a busy week...my birthday was on the 3rd...and now we get ready for the big event...Caroline's 4th and Rob's 39th Birthday Bash will be on the 11th.....Princess Party of course....sorry Rob....she has officially taken over.

Construction Update: If this rain would just please stop......rain delay has been going on for a month....any day now (everyone keeps telling me).

1 comment:

FlipFlop Mom said...

OH... I wish you had told me to come and peek at your baked goods.. YUM!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful pictures... and I'm sorry for the loss of your dear friend...!!!

Hugs to you!!