Saturday, January 2, 2010

New England Living

its not for everyone….

it feels like its been snowing for days…today’s forecast “snow showers”   tomorrows forecast “possible snow.”

today it was windy which makes it feel even colder.

the picture below….its about 2 o’clock in the afternoon, and see the sun shining! that's Cooper shoveling the ice rink on his skates.

 IMG_8197

how will we survive 3 more months of this?…..we put on as many warm clothes as we can….and keep moving.  ya gotta love those pink cheeks!IMG_8198 IMG_8201

Cooper is finally getting the hang of it and not requiring someone to hold his hand all the time.

IMG_8203 

we went in for a few minutes to get warm and came back out around 4pm….by this time it started to snow…Rob and Grampa tried to keep the ice clear while Nana and I practiced going backwards. I think that's coop lying on the ice making an ice angel…who knows.

IMG_8207

yes…winter is here

IMG_8208 IMG_8209

Cooper enjoying a sled ride from Grampa….like i said, warm clothes and keep moving.

IMG_8211

did i say 3 more months of this….maybe 4, i have seen it snow in April.

like i said….living up North is not for everyone.

4 comments:

Steph said...

It's so pretty! I love seeing Cooper doing so well on ice skates! That's so adorable! I need to take my kids sometime. How fun!

Yeah, I was just saying how over the bitter cold I am, but we have a few more months of it. BRRRR!!

I enjoyed the pictures!!

Alyson | New England Living said...

I love winter! And winter in southern New England does not seem all that bad to me after living in Park City, Utah where most storms are at least 2 feet of snow. In Park City, it ALWAYS snowed in April, and not just a dusting.

Winter is so cozy. I love the hibernation aspect of it here in New England. I love fires in the fireplaces and hot cocoa.

Even though I grew up in CA, I would never want to move back to a place that didn't snow in the winter again. Love it! :)

Alyson | New England Living said...

By the way, are you down here in Connecticut or up in Mass?

Jess said...

steph, i bet your kids would love skating...do you have a rink nearby?

alyson, we are in MA....waiting for the freezing cold to hit us this weekend! ps...just went to the Conn. IKEA! so fun!