Wednesday, August 26, 2009

chair love

this summer the house has been ignored

the sewing machine has collected dust

most days…I'm working on laundry and dishes

my neighbors did have a tag sale a couple weeks ago

looky looky what i found!

my only problem is that its too pretty for the porch…real wicker and non outdoor fabric plus the weather in the North is not a good combination.

DSCN0745

i am in love with the fabric

DSCN0748

my attempt at organizing all drawing supplies

inspired by a picture in a pottery barn book, i found this old coke bottle box….

it has perfect little compartments for all of their stuff.

even their crayon rolls have a place.

DSCN0824 DSCN0820 DSCN0821

on another note…….is anyone else freaking out about school starting.?! I have totally mixed feelings this year. Yes, its been a crazy summer…trying to entertain 2 little ones… day after day is exhausting…but, it has been a really fun summer!

yesterday we stopped by Cooper’s preschool..and they mentioned he is starting Monday…..what?  this coming Monday? I am not ready for my baby to start school…..even preschool. I secretly hope he flips out so i can take him back home.

I also spent yesterday on the phone with Caroline’s school trying to figure out this bus thing….but i have this knot in my stomach…i am not ready to put her on the bus and see her drive away from me.

I have spent the last 5 years taking care of these amazing children….5 years as a stay at home mom…which i have not always embraced as i should…..most days frustrated and stressed…..but every day reminding myself that i am blessed to be able to stay at home…and knowing that i would not have it any other way…..

so….this being our last day of summer…we will head to the lake. As i type, I hear my kids giggling as they watch cartoons, still in their pjs…one last lazy summer morning.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I LOVE the chair and the coke bottle holder. Adorable! It feels good to get organized! I am in the process of making a "school station" for my kitchen, because with 3 in school now, my fridge can't hold all of the papers. lol I have a piece of sheet metal and plan on using some old trim we have out in the barn and I'm excited to see it actually come about and out of my head.

I hear you on the house being on the back burner this summer. We just didn't get much done either. Jerry just started another section of the house and I have a pile of clapboards waiting for me to scrape and strip them. lol We had so many plans for the summer, but the tornado hitting here in March, put everything off. :( I'm sure you will get back to the house soon. Your house is beautiful and I can't wait to see more of your progress. I can't wait to see more of our progress either. lol It's so slow and I just want my porches done so I can finally enjoy them someday.

I feel like you do with school starting. It's so crazy that summer is over. I was so sad last week and it's still so weird to be alone all day. But, I'm getting a lot of organizing done. You'll have fun having one on one time with Cooper. Will Caroline go to all day Kindergarten?