Monday, August 10, 2009

i heart blue

 

i love blue so much…little by little there is blue in every room…or plans for blue in some cases.

this weeks project was to pick a “haint” blue for the ceiling of the screened porch. A Southern tradition to keep away the haints or haunts from entering your home was to paint the porch’s ceiling blue…sky blue.

i love the names too….i have to remind myself not to pick a color because i love the name…..harbor fog,

clearest ocean blue,

ocean breeze

DSCN0295

grandma’s sweater?

morning glory, blue hydrangea

blankie, pool party, and funny girl

i could go on and on……

have you been to a paint store with 2 little kids?  i think the paint guy was getting nervous that there wasn’t going to be any samples left……”just one more momma?”

1 comment:

Steph said...

I just started loving blue too. I've always loved blue things, but I fell in love with the paint colors last year when I found Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage and the other paints in that color. I bet your ceiling is going to be beautiful! I love the names too. What a hard decision you have. You will have to share a photo when you finish.

How was bible camp today? I replied on my blog after your comment, but I'm not sure if you get notified.