Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring in New England

On Monday i put away all the snowsuits, snow pants and boots….Mother Nature didn’t like that……it was a balmy 50 degrees when i put Caroline on the bus in the morning and by the time i picked her up in the afternoon it was 30 degrees and snowing!

i am keeping the shovel out…we have had blizzards in April and i’m not taking any chances.

IMG_0464

yesterday almost hit 50 degrees….the kids headed straight outside afterschool.

IMG_0446IMG_0484 IMG_0489 IMG_0468 i went out to look for some color….this was the only flower crazy enough to grow…i think it has been covered with snow 3 times this April.IMG_0480

when its not snowing…its raining…cold, dreary rain.

which means the schools are still filled with germs and viruses.

this week we have been fighting fevers and earaches….and i am constantly taking their temperature….i’m a little neurotic when it comes to thermometers…i have one that takes forever to register but its the most accurate (the kids don’t like this one of course), i have one that registers in 30 seconds but is not so accurate, and then we have an ear one that i can’t figure out.

IMG_0444

and i signed my little buddy up for Kindergarten last night…..he has decided NOT to stay at home with me forever….he can’t wait and is SO ready….me, i’m totally not ready to send my baby to school….i have a knot in my stomach just thinking about it!

IMG_0482

6 comments:

Jenny said...

YAY! So glad for the warm weather. I am going to put winter stuff away soon too. Enjoy.

Kerri said...

Love your front porch picture!

I helped out with kindergarten registration the other evening at my son's school and it definately made me remember all those feelings and the anxiety I felt. Our school district is all day kindergarten...which made me want to MOVE to another school district! It all worked out in the end. It seems like it's so much easier for younger siblings to start school...they have watched those before them go! Not so easy on the moms though!

sloan said...

i had the exact same meltdown when my baby went off to KG ... hard to swallow, isn't it?! ... sigh :(

love your photos - hope you guys feel better!

Ricki Treleaven said...

I can't imagine snow in April! I can't blame you for wanting to put away all semblance of winter! Happy Spring!

Ricki Jill

Pam said...

maybe you should have another baby! I can't imagine my baby going off to school!! NO!! Wasn't the weekend wonderful? We are getting there...I do love living in New England! :)

Shannon said...

I'm glad it's getting a bit warmer for you guys. I don't even want to think about Kindergarten...they should not grow up this fast!