for the past 4 years i have consigned the kids’ clothes and toys.
2 local organizations hold HUGE consignment sales…spring and fall…each sale is a 4 day event. Thursday, everyone checks in their items, Friday is the pre-sale for the volunteers, Saturday is the sale, and Sunday everything is marked down 50%!!
i not only get rid of all the clothes they outgrow, but i earn 70% of what sells, and the other 30% is donated to each organization…AND if i volunteer to help with the sale i get a ticket to the pre-sale…and do a little shopping myself!!! When cooper was born i bought a Pottery Barn crib for $100, this year i found him almost new Keen sandals for $8!
this year along with the clothes and baby toys, i will be consigning our strollers…which is a little sad to me…no more babies to push :( but on the other hand…no more strollers to lug around!! :)
out with the old…and in with the new!!!