Thursday, January 27, 2011

Winter Books

we decided to gather all of our winter and Valentine books….i love doing this because we find so many of our favorite books that get lost on the shelves…sometimes i find, especially with Cooper, they want to read the same books over and over.  It was time to focus them a bit.

IMG_9884

 

The Snowy day and The Three Little Kittens are my two favorite.

and with the wind chill below freezing the last couple of days…we can SO relate to Brave Irene by William Steig.

IMG_9886 IMG_9878

**too bad the kiddos freaked out because i took books from their room and screamed at each other because they both wanted the same book! And now the only book Cooper wants to read is Arthur’s Valentine….every.night.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

The Snowy Day is one of my all time favorites too. I love it so much. I just got the DVD from the library that uses the pictures from the story and someone reads along (like Reading Rainbow), my kids love it. Such a good idea to get all the books together.

sloan said...

Aw, I love this post, Jess! Snowy Day has been a favorite from the time they were too little to read - I could probably still read it by heart, love that one ;-) I also see 2 other favorites of ours peeking up in your basket: Guess How Much I Love You and I Love With All My Heart ...

Kerri said...

We have a lot of those books too! Love this idea Jess...I'm gonna work on that this morning! Thnaks!

Lorri said...

I love A Snowman Just Named Bob!