so…everything is ok.
both patients have been discharged from the hospital….i am breathing easier.
a couple of health scares really puts things in perspective.
Caroline’s last day of Kindergarten was yesterday….bitter sweet. I am so proud of her!
we celebrated her last day with our tradition of making Monkey Bread…but the kids have so much fun making it they like to call it “Brother-Sister” bread.
- 3 packages of refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 Tbs. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine (butter will not work)
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- nuts and raisins….optional. we use 1/3 cup of chopped pecans.
- preheat oven to 375 and grease bundt pan and place on cookie sheet.
- in a large zip lock bag combine white sugar and cinnamon.
- cut biscuits into bite size pieces and in small batches shake and coat with sugar and cinnamon. this is where the kiddos dance like monkeys!
- layer pieces in pan…throwing in nuts and raisins as you go.
- in sauce pan melt brown sugar and margarine. Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- pour over biscuits
- bake for 30-40 minutes.
- let sit for 10 minutes and flip over onto plate.
a look back at the first day.
and on her last day of K